Since we started learning Swahili on Monday, it seems the new norm for the time being is sore brains and dreams filled with Swahili. On top of that, the commute has been more than interesting. Since we got here we have run across two cars in the ditch (their ditches can be very deep), one motorcycle accident, one bajaj accident, and one person run over... whew. Driving around here takes 100% of your energy. Needless to say, it is overall safe if you keep your wits about you :) At least it is much less disturbing than seeing countless white crosses all day across the state of Montana. Anyway, we just finalised an apartment which is within walking distance of the SIL office and language learning. And we plan on moving tomorrow...which means I better be going to bed. Thank you all for your support!
A Year of Joy On Thursday the girls had their first birthday. The girls have had an exciting, event filled life as they have traveled countless hours by car, train, bajaji (motor tricycle), and plane. Through it all they have been a joy. Their is nothing like sweet, happy little people. They say that the first year with twins it the hardest but we are grateful to have survived mostly unscathed! There were times of tears, overwhelming exhaustion, and feeling like we were failing at the juggling act. However, we have found God's timing of giving us twins as an unexpected blessing. No other time in our lives so far have we been in such a good position to help each other, be at home often, and now kpp;l[98'-[-l;o0have help managing four under five years old. It has taught us a lot of patience and given us a fresh dose of joy each day... the smiles, the cuddles, the sweetness, the love and kisses. Two Personalities on the Move Their personalities are starting to unfold the...
The other night I could not resist taking a video of Tivoli using Esther as a passy. It has been a while since I filmed this one, but with an imminent move in a month, I thought it would be appropriate. This coming move will be number fourteen since I married Carmen.
On November 20th, only a few weeks ago, what began as a joyful welcoming of child into the world quickly turned into a terrible nightmare. One of which we would find ourselves caught in middle of. Helping a Friend My friend, Bernadetta was due and as a midwife, I regularly visited her for checkups and to help her with labour education. Unfortunately she knew very little as there are no checkups during the last 4-6 weeks of pregnancy and there are no childbirth education classes. Historically, giving birth to a child is the number one cause of death of women in Tanzania. As such, there is also a lot fear surrounding child birth. It was 11:30pm when I received a call from Bernadetta's husband. Her water had broken and I had agreed to drive them to the hospital. Upon arriving at the hospital it was determined she would likely need a cesarean but they agreed to start with a pitocin induction. It was getting late (or early) and not being allowed to be with her I returned h...
Comments
Post a Comment