Navigating the Shortcuts

Getting to work has been an adventure of its own. Sometimes I drive, but lately I have been walking or riding my bicycle. It is a great  way to go over all the Swahili greetings (there are many) and get some fresh air (or be thoroughly dusted by a large passing vehicle).

Many people walk great distances as few own cars and the public transportation does not go everywhere. 

Below I have taken a video of my bicycle ride to work. I hope you enjoy!



Some Blog Changes:

I have aimed at keeping up a weekly blog but it is difficult to find the time to continue this aspiration. As such, we will be changing to a bi-weekly schedule. 

Please let us know if there is anything you are curious about and would like to see a post on! We appreciate your feedback. We want to keep you involved in what we do even though we are half way across the world!

Be Praying

This week I am in Nairobi, Kenya (four hour drive North), visiting the MAF Kenya team in a day of prayer. Thus Carmen is alone with all four kids.

Also, please continue to pray for my pilot's license to be transferred to Tanzania. I have completed all the requirements and tests. We have been waiting for over two months now for an email to be sent by the FAA (Federal Aviation Authority) and received by the Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority. We have tried multiple times, but for some reason it is not getting through. 

Not being able to fly has been discouraging as I have had to do a lot of desk work, and we have had to cancel medical clinic flights since we only have one other pilot doing all the work. The other pilot is also the program manager, and so he has been very busy juggling all the flying and office work.
  

Comments

  1. Praying for your pilot's license to come "flying" through :a) Only God can.....but GOD CAN!
    Shalom, Reb<")))><

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll keep you in prayer. Was surprised (while watching your video) at all the fences in Tanzania. It seems everything is fenced in (or fenced out)! Is there a particular reason for them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the walls are to keep robbers out, keep dogs in, keep the roaming livestock out, etc. This last Sunday night one of the guys I work with was robbed. Even though they took his phone and some cash, he was glad they didn't take his shoes and clothes too.

      Delete
  3. Good stuff. I will not fit in that little alley u are going through. Hope your licence come soon.
    Love
    Mordegai
    Come on once a week is cool. If I can do so can you. Makes things just more interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Parents Moving to Tanzania in 10 Days!

Manna from Heaven