Those Moments in Tanzania...

I have been asked what Tanzania was like by many individuals. To explain all the sights, smells, and environements would seem near impossible sometimes. I think though that pictures may come as close as possible.

While in Tanzania I was able to catch a few of those experiences which seem to come and go so quickly. There were many times, such as when a driver intentially turned around in a busy one way to go back to his exit or when on the same street a traditionally garbed Masai, red gaurment and rod, crossed the street in the middle of a modern city. If only I had my camera out and ready.  


Something about being in another country is simply figuring out how to do simple tasks. Things such as transportation, communication, eating and letting what has been eaten out becomes a little less than simple. Where is the toilet paper? Shoot...


Oh, this looks more familiar, but again same issue as before. And who in the world decided the toilet needed a sink sprayer?


So this guy is wearing a leather jacket over a dress shirt with a skirt held up by a deceased animal. Though eventually we did come to find he was actually from Swaziland attending a wedding in Mbeya. At times, the variety of dress made us feel as though we were on a different planet.


A bus being pulled out of a ravine next to the highway. 

During our 28 hours in the bus between Dar Es Salaam and Arusha we passed by another bus which had capsized next to the road and at least six other stranded buses and cars and one motorcycle flipped into the ditch next to our bus. Definitely more action than we had anticipated.


I have used my bicycle to carry a bear out of the mountains, but I think this guy has me beat. I wonder how far he has actually gone like that?




And the plants. Incredible!



But the most beautiful moments in Tanzania were given by the people.


Oh, and did I mention that almost everyone seemed to have a smart phone?


Anyone want a backpack?



These two boys boys thought it was great that some white guy was sitting in a bus full of Tanzanians taking their pictures. 



That little girl latched onto me so quickly. I love how innocent and inquisitive little chilren are.



Comments

Recent Posts

Navigating the Shortcuts

Parents Moving to Tanzania in 10 Days!

Manna from Heaven